Baileys Irish Cream Loaf
We couldn't resist making this recipe as we lead into the colder season. What better combo than Chocolate and Bailey's for dessert!
Bake time: 55 minutes
You will need:
- 1x Hill St Chocolate Base
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup or 118 mls Baileys Original Irish Cream
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened thick greek yoghurt (approx. 130g)
- 1/2 cup or 118 mls boiling water
- 200g cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla paste or extract
- 2/3 cup icing sugar
- 1/4 cup Baileys Original Irish Cream (65mls)
- Cocoa powder for dusting (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 170 degrees C fan bake. Grease and line a large loaf tin.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together olive oil, Baileys, eggs and thick greek yogurt. Empty Chocolate Base into the large mixing bowl. Fold the wet and the dry ingredients together, while gradually adding in the boiling water as you go. Mix until smooth. The batter should be a little runny
- Transfer into the lined loaf tin. Bake in the oven for 50-55 minutes, until a skewer comes out clean.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Once cooled, beat together frosting ingredients. Spread over the top of the loaf and dust with cocoa powder.