Best Ever Banana Cake
The Classic Banana Cake with a little Hill St sparkle. Whether it be for breakfast, lunch or dinner, we have you covered with big flavour and less additives. So what are you waiting for?! Get cooking good looking!
Nut free. Dairy free. Vegan.
Bake time: 40-45 minutes
You will need:
- 1x Hill St Vanilla Base Mix
- 125 butter or butter substitute (i.e. Nuttelex), melted
- 2 eggs or 6 tbsp Aquafaba
- 2 ripe bananas
- 100g butter or butter substitute (i.e. Nuttelex), room temperature
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 tbsp milk of choice
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
Pre-heat oven to 175 degrees C fan bake. Prepare a 20 cm cake tin with baking paper.
- Gently melt the butter in a pot or in short bursts in the microwave. Mash the bananas in a bowl and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add in melted butter and eggs. Whisk together until combined. Empty the Vanilla Base packet into the bowl and add the mashed bananas. Fold all together with a wooden spoon until combined.
- Pour batter into the cake tin. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool down completely. Once cool, whip butter with electric beater for a few minutes. Add in the icing sugar, milk and vanilla essence. Beat until light, smooth and creamy.
- Ice cake, top with walnuts (optional) and serve.