Berry Citrus Cake
On the hunt for the perfect summer dessert? Look no further. This cake is the perfect blend of sweet and citrus. Good luck stopping at one piece!
For decoration we recommend our favourite Vegan Lemon Curd recipe here.
Bake time: 55-60 minutes
You will need:
- 1x Hill St Vanilla Base
- 1/2 cup neutral oil (vegetable or rice bran)
- 1/2 cup greek yoghurt or coconut yoghurt
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 eggs
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup mixed berries, chopped into small pieces (if using frozen berries take out of the freezer right before you need them)
- 4 tbsp lemon curd (store bought or use our 10 min vegan recipe here)
- Mascarpone or cream cheese frosting (whipped together with icing sugar and vanilla)
- Lemon curd (store bought or homemade)
- Fresh berries and lemon slices
- Other decorating ideas: freeze dried strawberries, dehydrated lemon slices
- Pre-heat oven to 160 degrees C fan bake. Line a 20cm caking tin with baking paper.
- Whisk oil, yogurt, water, eggs and lemon zest together.
- Empty the Vanilla Base into the bowl and mix until smooth.
- Pour cake batter into prepared cake tin and scatter berries on the top.
- Spoon lemon curd on the top and use the back of the spoon to roughly swirl into batter.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes until a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave the cake to cool for 10-20 minutes.
- Once completely cooled down, transfer to a plate and decorate with your choice of frosting, lemon curd and fresh berries.