Cranberry & Pistachio Christmas Biscotti
Welcome in the festive season with this pistachio, cranberry and chocolate chunk Christmas Biscotti. Pop them in a glass jar and you've got the perfect homemade Christmas gift!
Time: 30 minutes
Makes: 18 cookies
You will need:
- 1x Hill St Choc Chunk Cookie Base
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 2 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees fan bake.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, empty the chocolate chunk base mix through a large sift and set the chocolate chunks aside for later (as you’ll use them to decorate).
- Mix in the cranberries and pistachios.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs and then add the eggs into the dry mix until a sticky dough forms.
- Transfer to the baking tray and use wet hands to shape into a 30cm (long) x 10cm (wide) x 3cm (high) log.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and leave it to sit on the tray for 15 minutes. Make sure to leave the oven on as it'll be going back in for another bake.
- Using a cerated knife, cut the log into 1.5cm thick slices and place back on the tray.
- Bake in the oven for a further 12-15 minutes, turning half way.
- Allow to cool on the tray.
- While cooling, gently melt the chocolate pieces in the microwave in short bursts or over a stove top. Dip or drizzle chocolate to decorate the biscotti. Put back on the tray to set.