Black Forest Brownie with Cherry Compote
Good luck stopping at just one piece of this delightfully decadent brownie! The tart cherry flavour combined with cacao chocolate is the stuff dreams are made of!
Gluten free. Dairy free. Vegan friendly. Refined sugar free.
Bake time: 30 minutes
You will need:
- 1x Hill St Wholefoods Cacao Brownie
- 100ml melted coconut oil
- 2 eggs or 2 flax egg
- 50ml milk of your choice
- 500g fresh or frozen cherries, pitted
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Plain or vanilla yoghurt to serve
- Pre-heat oven to 150 degrees C fan bake and line a 20cm x 20cm tin with baking paper.
- Whisk together coconut oil, eggs and milk into a large mixing bowl. Empty brownie packet into the bowl and mix together until combined.
- Prepare the cherries by removing the pits. Measure out 3/4 cup of cherries and stir into the brownie batter (optional: reserve a few for the top for an extra detail!).
- Transfer into the lined tin and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- While the brownie is cooking, make the cherry compote. Place the rest of the cherries into a small saucepan along with the orange juice and maple syrup. Simmer on a low heat for 25 minutes, or until the juice has reduced and thickened slightly.
- Once the brownie is cooked, take it out of the oven and let it cool on the bench. Cut into squares and serve with whipped cream or your choice of yogurt with the cherry compote over the top.