Carrot Cake Loaf
Filled with carrot, spice and everything nice. We think even Peter Rabbit will be jealous of this Carrot Cake Loaf!
Gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free + vegan friendly.
Bake time: 50 minutes
You will need:
1x Hill St Wholefoods Banana Bread
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1 cup of grated carrots (1-2 carrots)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped into small pieces
- 3 large eggs or egg substitute
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Your choice of 1 cup thick greek yogurt or dairy-free substitute whipped with 1 tbsp maple syrup and 1 tsp vanilla bean to serve
Pre-heat oven to 160 degrees C on fan bake. Line and grease a 15cm x 9cm loaf tin with baking paper. Grate carrots and set aside. Roughly chop walnuts and set aside.
- Empty banana bread mix into a large mixing bowl. Add in the mixed spice and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl whisk eggs and olive oil together. Pour into the large mixing bowl, along with the grated carrots, raisins and walnuts. Stir with a wooden spoon until it comes together.
- Transfer into the lined loaf tin and bake for 50-60 minutes, until a skewer comes out clean. Once cool, serve with thick greek yogurt.
- Note: Serve the yogurt on top of the loaf if it’s going to be eaten the same day. Otherwise just keep the yogurt on the side when you serve.