Chocolate Cake Donuts
The hardest thing about make these little delights is not eating them all before the crowds arrive. Made using our brownie mix, these donuts are light, fluffy and snap-worthy with a decadent glaze. Even the most grown-up of grown-ups with enjoy decorating and devouring these. They're a hole in one. (sorry, we couldn't resist)
Gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free.
What you'll need:
Donut baking tray, alternatively these can be baked as cupcakes.
- 1 x Cacao Fudge Brownie mix
- 50ml coconut oil
- 3 eggs
- 50ml milk of your choice
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup cream or coconut cream
- 80g chocolate of choice
- Optional: freeze dried berries or cacao nibs to decorate
- Pre-heat oven to 160°C fan bake. In a bowl, whisk together the melted oil, milk and eggs.
- Add in the Hill St Wholefoods Cacao Brownie mix and baking powder, then mix until fully combined.
- Lightly spray the doughnut baking tray with oil and spoon batter into moulds. Bake for 20-25 mins.
- Once the doughnuts have cooled transfer to a wire rack and let them cool right down before glazing.
- Chocolate glazing: In a small saucepan, add in the chocolate pieces and heat on low for a few mins until chocolate starts to melt. Take off the heat and it will continue to melt.
- Stir in the coconut cream then dip the top of the doughnuts in the glazing and decorate with your choice of toppings.
- Leave on the wire rack to set. Store in an airtight container.