Choc Caramel Slice
Chocolate and Caramel - need we say more! This kiwi classic is one you won't want to pass up. A cookie base with a gooey caramel centre, topped with a crunch of chocolate. Believe us when we say you won't be able to stop at one piece!
Bake time: 25 mins / Set time: minimum 2 hours
You will need:
1x Hill St Choc Chunk Cookie Baking Mix
- 110g butter or dairy free alternative
- 1 egg
- 1 can condensed milk or DF coconut condensed milk
- 4 tbsp golden syrup
- 60g butter or DF butter alternative
- 1/2 tsp salt (optional)
- 75g chocolate (in addition to the chocolate chips in mixture) •
- 1/4 cup cream or coconut cream
Pre-heat oven to 180 deg fan bake. Prepare a 20x20cm baking tin with baking paper.
- Separate the chocolate pieces from the flour. Sift the chocolate chunk cookie base into a mixing bowl and dust othe chocolate chips and set aside for the topping later. Add in the melted butter and egg. Mix until a soft dough forms.
- Press dough into lined baking tin. Bake for 18-20 minutes until golden.
- While the base is baking, make the caramel. Add all caramel ingredients into a heavy base sauce pan. Stir often, until combined.
- Take the golden base out of the oven. Pour the caramel over the top. Let it cool on the bench and place in the fridge to set for a few hours.
- Once caramel has fully set, use a double boiler method to melt chocolate and cream together. Whisk until smooth. Pour chocolate over the caramel and put in the fridge until set (around 1 hour)
- Cut into slices. Keep stored in the fridge in an airtight container.