Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes
These chocolate cupcakes are quick, easy and snack sized. Perfect for when you don't want to bake a whole chocolate cake for fear of eating it all in one sitting!
Dairy free. Vegan. Nut free.
Bake time: 20 minutes
This recipe makes: 14 cupcakes
You will need:
- 1x Hill St Chocolate Baking Mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 150g chocolate
- 75g cream or coconut cream
Optional extras you can add into your cupcake mix:
- Add 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Add a peanut butter swirl to the top of the muffins before baking
- Add 1/2 cup of hazelnut meal* or almond meal for a nutty flavour *simply blitz up toasted hazelnuts in a blender until you have a sandy hazelnut flour.
- Pre-heat oven to 160 degrees C fan bake and line a muffin tray with cupcake cases.
- Empty chocolate base packet into the bowl. Add in any extras now. Into the same bowl add vegetable oil, vinegar and water. Mix until fully combined.
- Distribute batter into 12 cupcake cases and bake for 18-20 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool down completely.
- Once cooled, make the icing. Using a double boiler method, gently melt the chocolate and cream together. Take off the heat and let it cool down for 20-30 minutes. It’s ready when picked up with a spoon and doesn’t fall off. Keep waiting if it’s not quite ready! Keep an eye on it, as sets quickly if left for too long.
- Spoon onto cupcakes and shape with the back of a spoon. Alternatively, you can use a piping bag.