Chocolate Hazelnut Slice
Fill your kitchen with the smell of roasted hazelnuts and warm chocolate with this mouthwatering chocolate hazelnut slice! We fall in love with it more and more when we see these mouth watering shots, we think you will too!
Bake time: 15 minutes / 1 hr setting time
You will need:
- 1x Hill St Wholefoods Afghan Cookie mix
Hazelnut cookie crumble topping:
- 1/2 cup Hill St Afghan Cookie mix
- 1/2 cup raw hazelnuts
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- Rest of the Hill St Afghan Cookie mix
- 120g chocolate of your choice
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Pre-heat oven to 160 degrees C on fan bake. Line and grease a 15cm x 9cm loaf tin with baking paper.
- Put hazelnuts on a small oven tray. Toast the hazelnuts in the oven for 9-10 minutes, until they start to turn golden and smell fragrant. Keep an eye on it as they may burn easily! Once toasted, take hazelnuts out of the oven and set aside to cool down.
- Set the oven to 180 degrees, fan bake.
- Empty the afghan cookie mix into a large mixing bowl. Take out 1/2 cup of the cookie mix and put it into a separate bowl.
Make the hazelnut cookie crumble:
- Shake off and discard the loose hazelnut skins. Chop the hazelnuts and add into the bowl with the 1/2 cup Afghan cookie mix. Add in melted coconut oil and mix until hazelnuts are coated in chocolate cookie mix.
- Transfer onto a small lined oven tray and bake for 10-12 minutes.
Make the base:
- Mix the melted coconut oil and whisked egg in with the rest of the cookie mix, until a soft dough forms. Press into the lined baking tin.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes. Once the base is done, take it out of the oven. Use the back of a spoon to press the cooked base down to flatten.
- Using a double boiler method, melt chocolate and coconut oil together.
- Pour melted chocolate over the cookie base and top with the hazelnut cookie crumble. Press down so that the topping will set in the chocolate.
- Let it cool down and then set in the fridge for a few hours. Once chocolate has set, cut into slices.