Chocolate Mousse Cake
For the love of all things chocolatey and delicious you need this Chocolate Mousse Cake in your life. It's the perfect celebration cake, everything from the big celebrations to the little ones. Reunited with friends and family in Level 2? Choc Mousse Cake. Watched a full season of something on Netflix in one day? You deserve a Choc Mousse Cake.
Gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free.
What you'll need:
Choc Brownie Base
- 1 Hill St Cacao Fudge Brownie mix
- 2 eggs (or flax eggs)
- 100ml coconut oil
- 1/4 cup milk of choice
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 can (400ml) full fat coconut cream
- 150g dark chocolate, melted
- 2/3 cup coconut cream
- 150g chocolate of your choice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Toasted hazelnuts to decorate
The night before:
- Soak cashews in water overnight
- Bake Hill St Brownie mix according to packet instructions in a lined and round 18cm springform cake tin. Ensure the sides are lined too.
- While the brownie is baking, rinse and drain the soaked cashews.
- In a small pot, gently melt chocolate on a low heat until only a few chocolate lumps and take off the heat.
- Leave for a few minutes and the chocolate should fully melt. •
- Add into a blender - cashews, vanilla, coconut cream, maple syrup and melted chocolate.
- Blend into a smooth and creamy mixture.
- Set aside in the fridge.
- Gently press the brownie edges out to the edge of the tin (to stop the mousse mixture from running down the sides). Pour the chocolate mousse over the brownie.
- Set in the freezer for a minimum of 1.5 hours or until firm to touch.
- Once mousse has set, make the chocolate ganache.
- Using a double boiler, gently melt the coconut cream, chocolate and maple syrup together. Mix until smooth.
- Remove cake from the springform tin and carefully peel away the paper lining.
- Spoon all of the chocolate ganache on top of the cake and use spoon to spread out, try not to over work this as it will set quickly.
- Top with chopped hazelnuts.
- Keep in the fridge until ready to serve.