Coffee and Walnut Brownie
This decadent fudgy brownie is rich with a chocolate espresso flavour combined with the crunch of chopped walnuts. The perfect treat for all the chocolate and coffee lovers out there!
Time: 25 minutes
Makes: 16 brownies
You will need:
- 1x Hill St Chocolate Baking Mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 200g chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2x coffee supreme instant sachets
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 50g chopped chocolate
- Pre-heat oven to 170 degrees fan bake.
- In a double boiler add the oil, chopped chocolate, maple syrup and Coffee Supreme Instant Coffee.
- Stir until chocolate has almost melted. Take off the heat and set aside to cool.
- Prepare a 20cm x 20cm tin and line with baking paper.
- Roughly chop walnuts and chocolate and set aside.
- Once melted chocolate mixture has cooled for about 5 to 10 minutes, whisk in eggs until combined.
- Add in Hill St Chocolate Baking Mix, walnuts and chocolate.
- Fold until just combined - avoid over mixing.
- Transfer into your prepared baking tin.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes depending on how gooey and fudgy you like your brownies.
- Leave on the bench to cool down completely. Serve at room temperature or set in the fridge for a few hours.