Want to whip up a simple yet impressive breakfast? Move over pancakes, these cheats crumpets will be your new go-to!
Bake time: 6-8 mins
This recipe makes 25 crumpets, halve for a smaller quantity.
You will need:
- 1x Hill St Dough Base
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup cream (full cream)
- Metal crumpet or egg rings (we got ours from Countdown) - metal cookie cutters work too!
- Butter or oil, for greasing
- Your favourite toppings to serve
- Empty dough packet into large mixing bowl. Add in cream and water. Whisk to combine into smooth batter.
- Heat a pan on low with crumpet rings, and butter/oil. Scoop batter into the rings, filling them around half way. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes until you see bubbles and the texture on the top should turn matte. Carefully remove the rings. Flip the crumpets and cook for a further minute until toasted and golden.
- Serve straight away with your favourite toppings.
You do need to use some sort of metal ring or cookie cutter for this to work - just make sure to grease the cookie cutters so the batter doesn’t get stuck if they aren’t non-stick! You can find non-stick egg rings at the supermarket if you don't have any.
If you have any leftovers, you can store them in the fridge for a few days or in the freezer. Bring them back to life by popping them in the toaster for a few minutes!