Hot Cross Bun Pancakes
While most people live and breathe chocolate at Easter, we're all about the hot cross buns. The minute they're in supermarkets, they're in our trolley (we're talking Feb here). This recipe is our take on the classic hot cross buns for brekkie.
Gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free, vegan.
What you'll need:
- 1 x Hill St Wholefoods Pancake mix
- 2 eggs (or flax egg)
- 250g yoghurt or coconut yoghurt
- 1 orange (zest + 2 Tbsp juice)
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Whisk together eggs and yoghurt
- Add in the dry pancake mix and stir until combined and smooth
- Set aside 1/4 cup of plain pancake batter into a piping bag or ziplock bag
- Add in zest, 2 Tbsp orange juice (approx 1/2 orange), cinnamon, mixed spice and raisins into the rest of the batter mix and stir to combine.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius
- Cook Pancakes as per packet instructions (low to medium heat)
- Arrange cooked pancakes on a lined baking tray and pipe on thin crosses using the batter set aside earlier
- Bake for 3 mins until the batter has set
- Serve with runny honey or maple syrup
Choc Lovers Pancakes
For a choc lovers version of hot cross bun pancakes replace the raisins, spices and orange with 1/2 cup choc chips and top with choc easter eggs.