Lemon and Raspberry Bars
Here at Hill St HQ we’re big fans of anything citrus so it’s no surprise we’re a little bit obsessed with these Lemon & Raspberry Bars. Simple and easy, they’re the perfect addition to any picnic or party.
Bake time: 50 minutes
What you'll need:
- 1x Hill St Vanilla Base (set 3 tbsp aside)
- 150g room temperature butter (or a dairy free alternative such as Nuttelex)
- 1 egg
Lemon and Raspberry layer:
- 4 eggs
- 2 lemons, zested
- 3 tbsp Hill St Vanilla Base
- 2/3 cup icing sugar
- 3/4 cup lemon juice, approx. 3 lemons
- 2/3 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- Pre-heat oven to 175 degrees fan bake.
- Pour Hill St Vanilla Base into a large bowl.
Beat softened butter and egg together. Set aside 3 tbsp of the Hill St Vanilla Base . Mix in the rest of Hill St Vanilla Base with the butter and egg until a dough forms. Place on a sheet of baking paper and place another sheet on top. Use a rolling pin to roll out into a square, to fit the base of a 20x20cm baking tin. Remove the top layer of paper and transfer into the baking tin. Bake for 20 minutes, until golden. Remove from oven.
- Beat eggs, lemon zest, 3 tbsp of Hill St Vanilla mix, icing sugar and lemon juice on a high speed.
Pour lemon topping over the hot base and carefully drop raspberries into the mixture. Bake with topping for 20 minutes.
- Let slice cool on bench and put in the fridge for 2 hours to set.
- Once set, cut into bars and store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- The bars should last up to one week in the fridge if stored correctly.