Lemon Coconut Loaf
One of the perks of Winter is the abundance of lemons, one of our favourite fruits to bake with! This Lemon Coconut Loaf is an easy variation on our Banana Bread and a great way to get through some of those lemons your mum keeps dropping off.
Gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free.
What you'll need:
- 1 Hill St Banana Bread mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 1/2 cup yoghurt or coconut yoghurt
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
Optional: For a stronger citrus taste, increase the lemon zest and juice by 1/2 a lemon.
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Pre-heat oven to 160°C fan bake. In a large bowl add the wet ingredients and beat until mixed together. Then add in the Banana Bread mix and stir to combine.
- Bake for 50-55 mins or until skewer comes out clean.
- To create the topping toast coconut flakes on a medium heat, until they start to go golden (watch closely and be careful not to over do it). Melt honey in a small bowl and pour over the top of the loaf. Sprinkle coconut flakes on top.