Easy Vegan Lemon Curd
Zest up your baking with a simple and easy Vegan Lemon Curd that only requires 6 ingredients and takes less than 10 minutes to whip up!
This Lemon Curd goes perfectly with our Berry Citrus Cake recipe.
You will need:
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ cup non-dairy milk (such as soy or almond)
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest (from about 1 lemon)
- ⅛ teaspoon turmeric (optional for colour)
- Whisk together the sugar and cornstarch in a small pot, followed with the non-dairy milk, lemon juice, lemon zest, and turmeric.
- Put over medium heat, whisking consistently, until the curd thickens. This should take about 5 minutes. You may need to whisk with a bit of force as it thickens to ensure the curd is smooth.
- Remove from the heat and pour into a heat safe container to cool. Enjoy warm or store in the fridge for up to 1 week. The curd will thicken as it cools.