Hot Cross Bun Biscotti
Easter is just around the corner, and we’re coming in hot with a delicious new recipe combining two of our favourite things - hot cross buns and chocolate.
Bake time: 30 minutes
You will need:
- 1x Hill St Choc Chunk Cookie Base
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1/4 cup glace mixed peel (candied citrus/orange peel)
- 1/2 cup raisins / currents / cranberries
- 2 eggs
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees C fan bake.
- Empty Chocolate Chunk Base packet through a sieve, into a large mixing bowl. You should be left with chocolate chunks in the sieve. Set aside for later.
- Add in cinnamon, mixed spice and stir to combine. Add in dried fruit and candied peel. Loosely mix into the flour.
- In a separate bowl, lightly beat eggs together. Pour eggs into the large mixing bowl. Mix until a dough forms. Use hands if needed.
- Transfer onto a sheet of baking paper. Using wet hands, shape the dough into a 10cm x 2cm x 30cm log.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Leave the oven on and take the biscotti out of the oven. Carefully transfer to a chopping board. Using a serrated knife, cut into 1cm thick slices. Place back on the baking tray. Bake for 7 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Once cooled, dip in melted chocolate.