Peanut Butter & Jelly Slice
Peanut Butter and Jelly is an iconic duo and one that we have a real soft spot for. This PB & J Slice uses our Choc Chip Cookie mix, Pic's Peanut Butter and raspberry chia jelly to create a healthy twist on a classic combo.
Gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free.
What you'll need:
Base & crumble
- 1 Hill St Chewy Choc Chip Cookie mix
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 3 cups frozen raspberries (this can work with any frozen berry)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (or to taste)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- Add frozen raspberries into a saucepan, along with maple syrup and vanilla essence. Heat on medium, stirring occasionally for 15 mins. Use wooden spoon to break up the berries as they defrost. Jam should be thick and not too watery.
- Add in 1/3 cup chia seeds and mix to combine. Set aside.
Base & Crumble
- Pre-heat fan bake oven to 170 deg. Pour Hill St Cookie mix into a mixing bowl and take out 1/2 cup of the dry mix. Set aside, you’ll use this for the crumble topping later.
- Into the mixing bowl, add in the smooth peanut butter and egg. Mix together, you might need to use your hands to bring the dough together at the end.
- Line a rectangle slice tin with baking paper and use a spoon or hands to spread the dough out evenly. Bake for 8-9 minutes to partially cook the base.
- In a small bowl, combine the dry cookie mix you set aside, with 1 tbsp of melted coconut oil.
- Take the partially cooked slice out of the oven and gently spread the chia jam over the top (be gentle as the cookie base will be soft). Sprinkle your crumbed cookie mix over the top of the chia jam. Bake for a further 10-12 minutes until topping is golden.
- Allow to cool slightly before transferring to a wire rack. Slice into bars or squares and store in an airtight container once cooled.