Choc Peanut Butter Skillet Cookie
Whether you serve this showstopper at your next dinner party or eat the whole thing in one sitting (no judgement here), this quick and easy Skillet Cookie will be your new dessert du jour this winter.
Bake time: 10 minutes
You will need:
- 1x Chocolate Chunk Cookie Base
- 1 egg
- 110g butter, melted
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- Optional: Extra chocolate and sea salt flakes for the top
- Ice cream to top
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees C fan bake
- Melt butter in a 22-24cm cast iron skillet. If you don't have a cast iron skillet, use a 22cm cake tin or any oven proof dish. Once melted, transfer to a medium sized mixing bowl to cool down for 5 minutes. Once the butter has cooled down, whisk the egg with the melted butter.
- Empty the Hill St packet into a large mixing bowl. Pour the whisked butter and egg into the bowl and mix until a dough starts to come together. Add in the smooth peanut butter and mix until just combined.
- Transfer the dough into the skillet and press to flatten out. Top with extra chocolate chunks and sea salt flakes.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. Bake for less if you want it to be a little softer.
- Top with your favourite ice cream.