Pear & Ginger Loaf with Salted Caramel Drizzle
Thought our banana bread was a one trick pony? Guess again. Made using our Banana Bread mix as a base, this Pear & Ginger loaf will quickly become your new favourite lockdown loaf. Enjoy with a cuppa in the afternoon or accompanied with ice cream for a crowd pleasing dessert.
Gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free.
What you'll need:
Pear & Ginger Loaf
- 1 Hill St Banana Bread mix
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 ripe pears grated (approx 300g) + 1 extra to decorate
- 70g pitted dates or date paste
- 1/4 cup boiling water
Salted Caramel Drizzle
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup coconut cream
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Pre-heat oven to 160°C fan bake. In a bowl add in the Hill St Banana Loaf mix, ground ginger, nutmeg and cinnamon. Gently mix together with a wooden spoon.
- In another small bowl soak the dates in 1/4 cup of boiling water for 5 mins. Transfer soaked dates and water to a blender and blitz to make a puree.
- In a separate bowl whisk the eggs and melted oil together. Add in the grated pear and date puree. Mix until fully combined.
- Fold in the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and transfer to a lined loaf tin. Top with sliced pear.
- Bake for 45-55 mins. The knife should come out clean.
- To make the salted tahini caramel drizzle, add the coconut sugar, tahini, coconut cream and sea salt to a blender. Blend into a smooth, thick caramel sauce.
- Pour over the loaf and enjoy!