We are pretty into our savoury options here at Hill St so this muffin was top of our list to bake! Rustle up those veggies that you have lying around the fridge and get cookin! We think this delicious recipe makes for a perfect, guilt free breakfast muffin.
Bake time: 20-25 minutes
Makes: 12 muffins
You will need:
- Hill St Dough mix
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- a good pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 cup milk
- 120g ham, chopped into small pieces (optional)
- 1.5 cups grated vegetables (we used 1 medium carrot and 1 medium zucchini)
- 2/3 cup cheese, grated
Optional: top with pumpkin seeds and/or extra cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees, fan bake. Line or grease a muffin tray (makes 12 large muffins).
- Empty the Hill St Base dough mix into a mixing bowl. Add in dry ingredients - paprika, cumin, pepper, salt, onion/ garlic powder. Mix to combine.
- Grate veggies and transfer to a clean cloth to squeeze out the water. Add into the dry ingredients along with chopped ham and grated cheese. Mix together with the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, add 2 eggs, olive oil and milk. Whisk to combine. Pour into large mixing bowl and fold together until fully combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the lined or greased muffin tray. Optional: top with seeds and cheese before baking.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes until golden or a skewer comes out clean.