This Kiwi classic is an all time favourite at Hill St HQ. As much as we love the OG Cheesymite version, occasionally we like to mix it up with more sophisticated ingredients - hello pesto and sun-dried tomatoes! The best part? This scroll recipe can be used to accomodate any flavour combo you like (we promise not to judge)!
Bake time: 15 minutes
You will need:
1 Hill St Dough Baking Mix
- 300g greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp butter, softened (room temperature)
- 2 tbsp Marmite or to taste
- 1 - 2 cups your choice of cheese, grated
- 5 tbsp pesto
- 1- 2 cups your choice of cheese, grated
- Optional: 1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped into small pieces
Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees C on fan bake. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Empty 350g Hill St Dough base into a large mixing bowl. Set aside the rest of the dough base (40g) for dusting the bench. Add the greek yoghurt into the bowl and mix until a smooth dough forms.
- Transfer the dough onto a well floured surface. Roll the dough into a 20x30cm rectangle.
For Cheesymite scrolls:
- Spread softened butter all over the rolled out dough, followed by marmite. Cover with cheese. Roll the dough from the long side.
For Pesto scrolls:
- Spread the pesto over the rolled out dough. If using, sprinkle sun-dried tomatoes over. Cover with grated cheese. Roll the dough from the long side.
Use a knife to cut into 9 pieces. Place on the line tray and bake for 15 minutes, until golden.