Self Saucing Choc Pudding
Kirsten Bridge is one talented lady, both in the kitchen and behind the lens. While studying Nutrition, she somehow still finds the time to whip up all sorts of gluten free, plant-based and refined sugar free delights in the kitchen. This seriously easy and delicious Self Saucing Choc Pudding is one such creation.
Kirsten has very kindly shared the recipe so you too can create "the best ever self saucing pudding" (direct quote from Kirsten's husband right there).
What you'll need:
- 1x Hill Street Wholefoods Cacao Fudge Brownie mix
- 1 egg (or egg substitute)
- 100ml coconut oil
- 50ml of milk of your choice
- 1 cup boiling water
- Coconut sugar + cacao powder to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Empty the Cacao Fudge Brownie mix into a large mixing bowl
- If not already liquid, gently heat the coconut oil until it is melted and not too hot.
- Crack one egg into a seperate bowl, add milk and lightly whisk.
- Continue to whisk while pouring in the coconut oil, this should create a creamy mixture.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mix and stir to combine
- Separate the mixture into 4 ramekins and sprinkle with coconut sugar and cacao powder.
- Distribute boiling water between the ramekins and bake for approximately 15 minutes or until the pudding springs back when you push your finger in the centre.