Strawberry and Mint Tart
The perfect fresh, yet festive dessert to serve this Christmas. We love ours with fresh strawberries and a touch of mint!
Time: 1 Hour
Makes: 1 large tart or 8 mini tarts
You will need:
- 1/2 of the Hill St Chocolate Base (205g)
- 75g butter
- 1 egg yoke
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- Tart tin
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 250g ricotta cheese
- 2/3 cup thick greek yogurt
- Fresh strawberries and mint for the top
- Add half of the chocolate base mix into a large mixing bowl.
- Cut the cold butter into cubes and add them into the large bowl.
- Sift over the flour and then use your hands to press into the mix until you have a course sandy texture.
- Add in the egg yoke and use hands to knead together until a dough forms. It shouldn’t be too sticky.
- Mould the dough into a flat rectangle and wrap it up.
- Put it in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees. Lightly dust a large sheet of baking paper and rolling pin with flour.
- Roll the dough out until you have approximately 2cm boarder around your tart tin.
- Pick up the baking paper and carefully turn it over onto tart tin.
- Use your hands to press the dough into your tart tin and fill in any gaps.
- Place baking paper over your tart base and put pie weights on the top.
- Bake for 15 minutes and then carefully remove pie weights. Bake for another 10 minutes.
- The base should become crispy and hard as it cools down in the tin. Once cooled, make your filling.
- In a blender or food processor, blend the mint leaves and sugar together. In a large bowl add the ricotta, greek yogurt and mint sugar and whisk together until smooth.
- Spoon on top of the tart base and set in the fridge for minimum 30 minutes.
- Slice strawberries and place them on top and garnish with mint leaves.