Turmeric and Lemon Muffins
These muffins are delicious as they are colourful! Added turmeric and chia seeds mean that these little morsels are jam packed with antioxidant goodness and added fibre too (win, win!).
Bake time: 15-20 minutes
This recipe makes: 16 muffins
You will need:
- 1 x Hill St Vanilla Baking Mix
- 75g melted coconut oil or butter
- 2 eggs or 6 Tbsp Aquafaba
- 3/4 cup milk of choice
- 2 lemons
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tbsp chia seeds or poppy seeds (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees C fan bake and prepare a muffin tray with muffin cases. This recipe makes approximately 16 muffins total.
- Empty Vanilla Base packet into a large mixing bowl. Add in ground turmeric, chia seeds or poppy seeds (if using) and lemon zest and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, add in the juice of 1 lemon, coconut oil, eggs and milk. Whisk until creamy.
- Pour wet ingredients into the large mixing bowl and mix until fully combined.
- Spoon batter into the muffin cases, around 2/3 full. Slice the other lemon into thin slices and place on the top of each muffin.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden and cooked.